As an artist, I obtain my inspiration from the external world around me, but reveal in my paintings the internal world of my imagination. By reducing my images to their essential elements, I can bring simplicity, myth, and the primal, to my explorations of limits and boundaries with the intent of moving beyond them. Recently, I have worked on a series of paintings that explore the soul’s journey. I have followed my vision to places I had not intended to go allowing my intuition to guide me. I have found power in words and incorporated them in my work; I have used collage and montage to go places I had not been before. I use life story as the dark, rich compost to generate new creation and have in my most recent paintings worked more intuitively than ever before.
Mo Hamilton’s Curriculum Vitae
- 1989 Art Acadamie, VictoriaC., Color Theory and Painting
- 1992 Harold Street Art School, VictoriaC., Lino-Printing Intensive
- 1993 Camosun College, Victoria, B.C.
- 1994 Okanagan Summer School of the Arts, PentictonC, Painting
- 2007 Island Mountain Art, The Toni Only Artist’s Project
- 2014 Metchosin International Summer School of the Arts.
- 2015 Seven Day Artlife workshop with Nicholas Wilton
- 2001 Kootenay Arts Council Grant, Castlegar B.C
- 1999 Kootenay Gallery of Art and Science (8’x30’ mural) Castlegar, B.C.
- 1996 Bountiful Books (8’x10’ mural) Castlegar, B.C.
- 1992 Tudor Rose Tea Room, VictoriaC
- 1994 The Parsonage, VictoriaC.
- 2007 Resonance, Rustad Gallery, Prince George, B.C.
- 2010 Studio 2880, Prince George, B.C.
- 2011 Still Living North, Terrace Art Gallery, Terrace, B.C.
- 2016 Repose and Awakening, Stationhouse Gallery, Williams Lake, BC
- 2016 Repose and Awakening, Smithers Art Gallery, Smithers, BC
- 1992 Imprints, Harold Street Art World, VictoriaC.
- 1996 Art Walk, Castlegar, B.C.
- 1997 Art Walk, Castlegar, B.C.
- 2005 The Bevelled Edge Gallery, Terrace B.C.
- 2006 Mapping the Intimate, Terrace Art GalleryC.
- 2006 Monday Mornings, Terrace Art Gallery
- 2006 Art Walk, Terrace B.C.
- 2007 Sparks, Two Rivers Gallery, Prince George B.C.
- 2007 Arts Fest 2007, Burns Lake C.
- 2007 An Uncertain Climate, London Hotel, Prince George B.C.
- 2008 Car-ma Driving Destiny, Artspace, Prince George, B.C.
- 2008 Arts Fest 2008, Quesnel, B.C. ( work submitted was chosen to tour)
- 2009 View from the Bridge, Two Rivers Galleria, Prince George B.C.
- 2009 Undercurrents, Artspace, Prince George, B.C.
- 2009 Toys in the Attic, Beasts in the Basement, Rustad Galleria, Two River’s Gallery, Prince George, B.C.
- 2010 Consumed, Artspace, Prince George, B.C.
- 2011 Rust and Found, Groop Gallery, Prince George, B.C.
- 2011 Mined over Matter, Groop Gallery, Prince George, B.C.
- 2011 Toys in the Attic, Beasts in the Basement, Island Mountain Arts Gallery, Wells, B.C.
- 2013 Place, Groop Gallery, Prince George, BC
- 2016 Voice, Two Rivers Gallery, Prince George, BC
- 2000—2003 The Sunflower Puppet Troupe, Castlegar B.C.
- 2004—2006 Suitcase Theater, Terrace, B.C.
- 2013-2015 Out of the Suitcase Theatre, Prince George, BC
- 2007—2015 Teaching adult classes in Mixed-Media and art for adults, teens and youth at the Two Rivers Gallery, Prince George, B.C
- 2009–2015 Facilitator of the Art Heals outreach program for adults and youth at the hospital for Two Rivers Gallery.
- Mountainside Gallery, Terrace, BC
- Groop Gallery, Prince George, BC
- Two Rivers Shop at the Gallery, Prince George, BC
- Studio 2880, Prince George, BC
- 2014 Paper Clothes
- 2013 Bird, House, Woman
2016 Four Neat Holes, poems by Al Rempel, illustrations by Mo Hamilton